Using drama games and activities CYT helps to build confidence and develop fundamental skills in voice, creative exploration, movement, improvisation, communication, Characterization and theatre making.
Within the first few sessions of the workshop, a unique program is developed based on the skills and interests of the group. This ensures that every semester is programmed to meet the specific needs/wants of the group and the opportunity for the ensemble to creatively express who they are, and establishes a safe and respectful environment to work in.
We encourage young people to unlock their imagination and work collaboratively with each other and their tutor as a creative team on a devised or existing theatre piece that implements their skills to perform at the end of the semester for family and friends.
We currently conduct after school drama workshops at:
- Miles Franklin Primary School
- Turner School
- North Ainslie Primary School
- Lyneham Primary School
- Aranda Primary School (enrolments organised through school; tutor: Ruth Pieloor)
- Red Hill Primary School (enrolments organised through school; tutor: Kitty Malam)
Your child must be enrolled in the school and be at least 7 years of age to be able to enrol in the workshop.
- After School Workshops are run across a 18 week semester (though the number of classes may be affected by public holidays). Current enrolments do not roll over into new semesters.
- We are unable to reserve places on our programs as they fill up quickly.
- We are unable to offer trial classes in our Primary School Workshop Program. However, we are now offering Taster Workshops at Gorman Arts Centre for those who have never participated in drama workshops with CYT – more details can be found here.
For more information or to organise weekly after school drama classes at your primary school in the ACT please don’t hesitate to contact our Workshop Coordinator.