The OWWA Scholarship 2023 OFW Dependent Scholarship Program, or OFWDSP, is now accepting applications until May 2022!
The OFW Dependent Scholarship Program, or OFWDSP, is a program for students who plan to attend or are currently enrolled in a state college or university and have a family member earning less than US $600 per month.
The OFWDSP provides P20,000 per year for qualifying dependents of OFWs’ school expenses.
However, since public universities have become tuition-free, the money granted to OFWDSP scholars can be used for other school fees, and the remaining is given to the student but should only be used for other academic-related expenses.
Benefits of the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) and the OWWA:
The OWWA Scholarship Program grants P30,000 in cash each semester and pays the university’s tuition in total. The remaining benefits will be granted to the candidate after his semester grades have been submitted.
The chosen individual will also receive a P300,000 health and accident insurance policy.
- Must be the child of an OWWA member who is married or the brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member.
- Must be 21 years old or younger.
- You must be a Filipino citizen.
- Be in good health and moral character. Have an average grade of average of at least 80% and be in the top 20% of the graduating class.
- 1″x 1″ ID pictures (2 copies)
- Accomplished application forms (2 sets)
- Form 137 or Transcript of Records with Principal’s Certification on Scholastic Standing
- Proof of relationship to Member (copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant and of the Member if related as brother or sister duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO)
- Proof of OWWA membership (i.e. Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)
- Health Certificate attesting to the physical fitness of an applicant (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor (Form C)
- Certification that applicant belongs to upper 20% of graduating class issued by the school principal (2 sets)
- Statement of the applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
- Sworn Statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by a parent or legal guardians (Form F)
- To apply, go to the OWWA Regional Welfare Office in the area that is closest to you.
- From there you must obtain queuing number or queue in the line for EDSP scholarship application.
- Present the I.D. of OFW member together with your documents to the Membership Verification Desk.
- Attend the scholarship orientation and assist with the notarization of the scholarship agreement.
- This OWWA Scholarship Program for Filipino Students program is currently accepting applications from students in the Philippines. The application deadline is May 20, 2022. So, now is the time to seize the opportunity.
People also ask:
Yes it is open to Apply
1. Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
2. Get queuing number or queue in the line for ODSP scholarship application.
3. Obtain Notice of Award and Schedule of Scholarship Orientation.
4. Attend Scholarship Orientation and Facilitate Notarization of Scholarship Agreement.
Not older than 30 years. Child of an OFW member in good standing at the time of application. Sibling of an active member-OFW who is unmarried or married but has no children at the time of application. With a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 85% or its equal.