Enrolments for Semester 2 are now open. Please note classes are now divided by school years rather than age.
Each of our workshops provide a place where young and emerging artists can be creative and actively develop fundamental theatre making skills.
Throughout the program, each ensemble works collaboratively with their tutor to create a short performance that implements the skills learnt. At the end of the semester, family and friends are invited to C Block Theatre at Gorman Arts Centre, Braddon to watch these new theatre works.
Our FAQ page has helpful information to assist with all enrolments. Please CLICK HERE for more information.
- Our Gorman Arts Centre Workshops are run across a 16 week semester.
- We require our members to re-enrol for each new semester.
- Our popular classes are capped at 16 young artists and unfortunately we are unable to reserve places.
- Weekly workshops can be paid in one or two payments (free applies). For payments in two instalments, the second payment needs to be processed before the second part of the semester or late payment fees may apply.
- Young artists can only enrol in the workshop design for their current school grade.
- All participants MUST be seven years old on the first day of their workshop.
- We strongly advise that all young artists move up into the appropriate ensemble for their school grade in order to challenge and further develop their performance skills.
- All enrolments require an enrolment form to be completed. Please follow the prompts when enrolling and contact the CYT Office if you require assistance.
- At Canberra Youth Theatre, we are committed to diversity and acknowledge that some of the best art comes from working with artists from a range of backgrounds and abilities. If you have any access requirements or special needs, please get in touch.
If you need to update any details, including change of emergency contacts or updates regarding medical conditions, allergies, diagnosed behavioural/cognitive conditions or any injuries, please contact the CYT Office email@example.com | 02 6248 5057.
- Email is our primary form of communication with families throughout the semester.
- Before enrolling, please CLICK HERE to view our Cancellation Policy.