Producing Assistants (Internship)
Canberra Youth Theatre are looking for Producing Assistants to join the team for our upcoming production of Possibility at the Ralph Wilson Theatre (Gorman Arts Centre) in October.
We are looking for creative and enthusiastic people, preferably with some experience in theatre. These roles would suit students or recent graduates looking for mentorship opportunities to develop their own skills in producing theatre.
We are looking for people with:
- Enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism
- Strong organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
The Producing Assistants will each have a specific role, but are expected to work collaboratively within a small team, offering support in the areas of Production and Marketing.
- Work with CYT Staff to support the delivery of the requirements for the production, including scheduling and production management.
- Assist during bump-in, bump-out and tech week set ups, and the sourcing of props and costumes.
- Liaise with all members of the creative team to ensure that artistic needs of the production are met in an effective and efficient manner.
- Support the delivery of our marketing plan and digital campaign.
- Produce a short promotional video trailer.
- Research and undertake strategies for promoting the production.
- Assist with distribution of promotional material.
Front of House
- Provide box office and front of house support during performances (1 hour shift per performance).
Whilst we will make working days and hours flexible, at least one of the Producing Assistants will be expected to attend production meetings, marketing meetings, and full runs of rehearsals.
Please note that these are volunteer positions.
Key Production Dates:
Pre-production: Already underway
Rehearsals: 3 – 12 October
Bump in / Tech: 12 – 16 October
Opening Night: 17 October
Closing Night / Bump out: 19 October
If you are interested please email Anaïs Maro firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with a very short overview of your experience and interest in this role, your availabilities, and what you sort of professional development opportunities you would like to achieve by working with us.